My Darling Girl

My darling girl,

It has not been a very good day for both of us. You have been really sad and angry, and I cannot figure out why. Looking at you sad and angry, has made me sad and angry. I am so sorry for not being able to give you any consolation.

There will be days ahead of us where we will be giving each other hell. We will fight and disagree, say mean things and slam doors. There will be days where we wish we could understand each other, but no matter how hard we try, we cannot seem to see eye-to-eye.

But there will also be days where we will absolutely adore and enjoy each other. Days where we will laugh and laugh until we are physically hurting. Days where we just want to hug and never let go. Days we will remember for the rest of our lives.

I am not a terrible mother, but I am also not a perfect one. I am a mother and human. I make mistakes. All the time. And I sometimes experiment with you. I have never been a mother so I really don't know how to correctly do this parenting thing. But I also do not think there is one correct way to do it.

What I do know how to is how to give you the biggest hugs and endless kisses, and shoulders to cry on. I will not care if you leave snot on them. Now and forever, my shoulders are yours to use. And for as long as I am capable, I will pick you up and carry you whenever you need me to.

I hope our bad days are so much less than our good days together. You are my universe. And I know this because every time I look into your eyes, I see every thing that makes life worth living. You are forever a part of me and no matter what happens in the future, know that all I have for you is love.

A few weeks after you were born, I remember saying to your father, "I didn't know I could love someone this much. I would not think twice to jump in front of a train for our child." And I still feel that way. I will forever feel that way.

My darling girl, you are and will always be my bestfriend and the love of my life. Today and forever, I love you and I adore you. You do not need to do anything or change anything, to me you are the definition of perfection.


Love,
Ibu

Comments

Popular Posts